Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech, and nonverbal communication. Because ASD occurs along a spectrum, individuals with autism have their own distinct sets of strengths and difficulties. Learning and problem-solving in individuals with ASD can range from highly skilled to severely challenged. Some individuals with ASD may require significant support in their daily lives, while other people with mild ASD (level 1 autism) may need fewer supports and live entirely independently. Individually tailored therapy can help individuals on the autism spectrum better manage their challenges and maximize their abilities.
The licensed psychologists at Rowan Center for Behavioral Medicine are experienced
providers of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) cognitive behavioral therapy. We provide a comprehensive assessment and evaluation of your symptoms and then tailor a specific plan to address your needs using proven cognitive and behavioral interventions.
We Can Assist You in Alleviating the Following Symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD):
- Building self-control
- Regulating emotions
- Improving cognitive flexibility
- Improving communication skills
- Improving understanding and awareness of social situations and learning appropriate social skills
- Reducing anxiety
- Improving time management skills
- Developing effective coping and problem solving skills
- Better manage in academic and occupational settings
- Improve relationships with family and friends